Wednesday 1 February 2017

Ham Sleeps.

Sweet reader
Its been a long time since I decided to write down the going ons of the human and rat world, after Ed passed on I guess I couldn't find the words, not like I once had. I guess maybe the shock of not only losing a close friend but also an entire army of rats known to us (Street Sleepers) as the Vermillion hit me harder than I could handle.

Sweet Street Sleepers, I am old.

I find these days hard and my legs have weakened far to much. My cage mate now bullies me for him it is a revenge from my youthful days of showing him whose boss. I apologise to all who I had been recklessly aggressive to.

This is my goodbye letter, my Lady know I'm finally ready to go, she speaks of the time approaching where my trip to the vets will be my last and though I am scared for this time coming, I long for it. My achy bones no longer allow me to climb and I struggle to find a comfy sleeping position. Alas I hope to see Ed once more, Oh how I miss my sweet brother.

I can confirm that the Vermillion no longer live, whatever happened to Ed seemed to have been a malfunction in all of their army, and so without the take over, the Street Sleepers were finally allowed free roam of the cities, being pets and rogues. I fully endorsed into the life of comfort and lavished the affection of my family. Plump from food and high on happiness. The whole thing about cats taking over turned out to be a rumour and cats still think they are top of the food chain...while still eating tinned meat chosen by their slaves.

The Space Rat also made his passing during the year, his little body sprouted up flowers in his grave, the colours were of spring. I didn't really know him and I am unaffected by his passing, Narna now lives alone but he seems to spend his time playing with his toys and chuckling like the Space rat is still with him...Maybe he is.


Life is fleeting for us rats, it flies past without enough time...
Saying my goodbye has approached far to soon, I haven't finished my search for the biggest ham joint nor have I yet discovered what ham actually is!!
But age is an issue when its hard to move, its hard to be happy when pain nips at your legs and your hands cant hold food.

I think my time is near, and with it I shall take my memories. This will be the last you will read of my thoughts, I will cherish the warmth of my family's hold, and when its time....When I hear Ed call and the fairies music.... I will sleep.





2 comments:

  1. nigt night ham i love ya buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww made me cry,, never mind in a better place now nighty night Ham sweet dreams <3 xox

    ReplyDelete